National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting

The Course

Course National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
Programme Type FASSET SETA-Accredited Institute Programme: Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
Partner Institute ICB - The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
Award Type National Diploma and a Programme Completion Certificate
Award Issued By Fasset will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Certificate.
Accredited By FASSET
SAQA ID 36213
NQF Level NQF Level 5
Course Duration 36 - 48 Months
Entrance Criteria
  • Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent - with Accountancy as a subject
  • Learners must be at least 16 years of age
  • Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1-6) (has successfully completed the Junior and the Senior Bookkeeping Qualification) OR be a qualified Certified Senior Bookkeeper
  • The ability to read and write in English

This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Payroll and Monthly SARS Return
  • Computerised Bookkeeping
  • Financial Statements
  • Cost and Management Accounting
  • Income Tax Returns
  • Business Law and Accounting Control

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Support management in finance and accounting
  • Become a SAIT tax practitioner (once you meet their requirements); know the ins and outs of accounting, taxation (individuals and companies), auditing and business law.

What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?

  • Accounting Technician
  • Tax Technician

Exam Information

Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and a summative final exam. The PoE comprise of formative/interim assessments and evaluations that count 30% of the total mark. The summative final exam makes up for the remaining 70% of the total mark. The PoE is basically a file that contains all evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent.

After successful completion you will receive the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET.

You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB.

Assessments take place in February, May, August and November.

PLEASE NOTE: ICB Exam and Membership fees are separate to the actual course fee. All fees have to be paid in order to write exams and get membership.

Who is ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeeping is a professional body that promotes bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and memberships.

The ICB manages professional examinations for individuals who want to pursue a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. All the programmes can lead to professional ICB membership.

ICB also has a partnership with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset).

Where Can I Study This Course?