National Diploma: Financial Accounting

The Course














This course is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Business Management 1
  • Office and Legal Practice
  • Business Management 2
  • Marketing Management and Public Relation
  • Financial Statements
  • Human Resources Management and Labour Relations
  • Business Management 3
  • Financial Management and Control
  • Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
  • Research Theory and Practice (By short dissertation, topic: Business Management)

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Work with a management information system at a corporate level.
  • Prepare a business for internal/external audit.
  • Apply principles of strategic intent and strategic thinking in a global business environment.
  • Apply managerial finance and control principles in a commercial environment.
  • Draw up and interpret financial statements and reports in accordance with IFRS.

Exam Information

You will be assessed on your Portfolio of Evidence (PoE), which includes formative activities and evaluations, as well as a summative final exam. The PoE assessments only count 30% towards the total mark. The Summative final exam will contribute to the remaining 70% of your marks. Basically the PoE is a file that contains all the evidence necessary to declare whether you are competent in the field or not.

Upon successful completion, you will receive the National Diploma Financial Accounting NQF L6 by FASSET.

The ICB will also reward you with a Programme Completion Certificate.

Assessments takes place in February, May, August and November.

PLEASE NOTE: Your ICB exam fees and membership fees are separate to the course fees and have to be pain in order to write exams and obtain your membership.

Who is the ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers was established in 1931. Their aim is to promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership.

The ICB is also in partnership with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years.

Site Map | Privacy Policy