National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting

The Course

accountingcourses.co.za-public-sector-accounting

This course is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Public Accounting Administration
  • Computerised Bookkeeping

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Administer public accounts
  • Help improve public sector
  • Financial management by adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments

What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?

  • Public Accounts Administrator

Exam Information

Students have to submit a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will include formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessments include formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. The Summative Assignment (final exam) will add to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is a file with all your assignments and tests that proves whether you are competent against the relative outcomes.

Once you have successfully completed your PoE and exams, you will be awarded with the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET.

ICB will also send you a Programme Completion Certificate.

PLEASE NOTE: ICB exam fees and annual membership fees are separate from the course fees and have to be paid in order to write your exams and keep your membership. You can visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to see all the exam registration dates, exam dates and the fees for each exam.

Converting to the ICB Accounting Programme:

You can take your ICB studies even further by switching to the Accounting Programme and completing 1 or 2 extra subjects.

If you already have the National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting, you can study towards the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns course.

If you already have the Diploma: Public Sector Accounting, you can study towards the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns course and the Income Tax Returns course.

Who is the ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) was first started in 1931 with the aim to promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership of a professional body in South Africa.

The ICB manages professional examinations for students who want to pursue a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. Completing any of these qualifications, skills programmes or short courses, can lead to a professional membership with the ICB.

ICB have been in a relationship with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years. ICB is not a training provider.

Site Map | Privacy Policy