National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)

The Course

accountingcourses.co.za-junior_bookkeeping

This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Payroll and Monthly SARS Return
  • Computerised Bookkeeping

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Monthly bookkeeping to trial balance
  • Reconcile suppliers
  • Inventory and bank statements
  • Calculate PAYE/UIF/SDL
  • Payroll tax and other deductions
  • EMP501, IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents and VAT returns

What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?

  • Accounts Clerk
  • Debtors Clerk
  • Creditors Clerk
  • Payroll Clerk
  • Accounts Payable / Receivable Clerk

Exam Information

Your assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and a summative final exam. The PoE assessment includes a formative/interim assessment of activities and evaluations that count 30% towards the total mark. The remaining 70% comes from the summative final exam.

After successful completion, you will be awarded with the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET.

The ICB will award you with a Programme Completion Certificate.

Assessment takes place every February, May, August and November.

PLEASE NOTE: The fees for you exam and membership are separate from the actual course fees. All fees have to be paid in order to write your exam and receive membership.

Who is ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) started in 1931 with the aim to promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership.

The ICB manages professional examinations for those interested in pursuing a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. Completion of any of these courses can lead to professional membership.

The ICB is also a partner with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset).

Site Map | Privacy Policy