FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)

The Course

accountingcourses.co.za-FEt-Certificate-Bookkeeping_Certified_Senior_Bookkeeper

This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
  • Computerised Bookkeeping
  • Financial Statements
  • Cost and Management Accounting

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Monthly bookkeeping
  • Asset disposal
  • Year-end adjustments
  • Analysis of financial statements
  • Understand cash flow
  • Basic cost and management accounts

What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?

  • Junior Accountant
  • Assistant Accountant

Exam Information

Assessment will be based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and a summative final examination. The PoE involves a formative/interim assessment and evaluation and counts 30% of the total mark. The summative final examination counts for the remaining 70% of the total mark. The PoE is the file that contains all the evidence needed for the learner to be declared competent.

Upon successful completion, you will receive the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET.

The ICB will also give you a Programme Completion Certificate.

Assessments take place in February, May, August and November.

PLEASE NOTE: The ICB Exam and Membership fees are not included in the actual course fee and have to be paid separately. All fees have to be paid in order to write your exams and get membership.

Who is ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a professional body that has been around since 1931. Their aim is to promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership.

They provide exams to students who are planning on working in the bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management industry.

The ICB has also been a partner of the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years now.

Site Map | Privacy Policy