Diploma: Public Sector Accounting

The Course

accountingcourses.co.za-public-sector-accounting

This course is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Public Accounting Administration
  • Computerised Bookkeeping
  • Financial Statements
  • Cost and Management Accounting
  • Technical Public Accounting
  • Business Law and Accounting Control

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Work as a qualified accounting technician in the public sector.
  • Make a positive contribution to the country by improving public finance management, adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments.

What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?

  • Technical Public Accountant
  • Accounting Technician in the public sector

Exam Information

Your competence will be based on the submission of your Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which includes formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). The PoE assessment includes formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that counts 30% towards your final mark. A Summative Assessment (final exams) will contribute to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is a file that contains all the evidence necessary to proof that the student is competent towards the relevant course outcomes.

Once successfully completed and passed, you will receive the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET.

The ICB will also send you Programme Completion Certificate.

Assessment for this course takes place in February, May, August and November.

PLEASE NOTE: Fees for ICB exams and membership are not included in the total course fees and will have to be paid separately. Visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za for all the exam registration dates, actual exam dates and the fees involved.

Converting to the ICB’s Accounting Programme:

You can further your studies by switching to the Accounting Programme and completing just 1 or 2 extra subjects:

If you have a National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting, you can get the National certificate: Bookkeeping by completing the Payroll and Monthly SRS Returns course.

If you have a Diploma: Public Sector Accounting, you can study towards the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns course and the Income Tax Returns course.

Who is the ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers was started in 1931 with the plan to promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership of a professional body in South Africa.

The ICB sets up professional exams for students who want to pursue a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. By completing any of these qualifications or skills courses and or a short course, you can study towards a professional ICB Membership.

ICB is partnered with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years now. ICB is not a training provider.

Site Map | Privacy Policy